Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Starting to Come Together



I have been frantically retyping the high frequency words from my daughter's first grade class, as well as what I could dig up from her kindergarten class last year, to put away for my other daughter so that I could use it as back up. I guess I am just that kind of person, the over-preparer. It would make sense, considering I am the mom that has been carrying around an instant ice pack in my purse, along with band-aids, and neosporin since I can remember. You know just in case, right? I guess it is a bit silly, I mean if they're bad enough to need an ice-pack I am probably leaving immediately for my home or the urgent care, so I suppose that negates the need for the ice pack. But it makes me feel better. I think all this preparation is in that very same vein.

Meanwhile, the classroom is coming along nicely. I feel like I take too much pleasure in setting this up. It's like that childhood dream of playing school, only with money, and real kids! :D In all seriousness, nothing says, yep, you're really doing this, like the overwhelming amount of crap collected, and in need of sorting and a place all its own! But it is coming along, and I'm feeling good about it!

I also picked up some of the curriculum today, to which I am like a dork at a Star Wars convention! I think I may just enjoy this too much! I have already looked at everything twice.

I told her school today that we were leaving. It was more of the same. You know, the "why's" but the office staff has always been so sweet, and I will miss them. I feel like I am a crazy person, flying by the seat of my pants, but I feel so free. It's perfect really. Adventure seems to agree with me, because I feel like I can do anything, and more importantly I am not afraid to fail, because I have every confidence that I won't! Sometimes you just know, "I can totally do this!", and so you do it. And it rocks.

Two weeks left. I have a sneaking suspicion that these two weeks are going to be pretty interesting to say the least. I have already seen how quickly everything has changed, people, the environment, and each day that passes I feel less and less part of the school she is at now, and more invested in our new adventure. I thought to myself it should be a sad feeling, but it really just feels like it's just about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment